Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow and Soup for the First Time....

I realize there has been a pause here. I intended to document a number of things this holiday season, but instead just wanted to enjoy them and not worry about them becoming posts. That happens sometimes. You know, real life.

As many of you know, the Northeast was pounded Sunday with a crazy blizzard, causing us all to have a transit-free snow day. No better way to break in the southerner than blowing snow and up to 4 feet deep drifts (I'm also learning new terminology from the hubby; don't laugh at me people from the middle :)



Outside my window


The occasion called for the hearty and healthy kale and potato soup I had planned. I discovered a version of the recipe in the new Cooking with Trader Joe's Book, of which I have a small mention for my "Pico-de-Gallo salsa and avocado make a great instant guacamole" idea.





Anyway, this is an excellent way to take in warming liquids and kale that is ridiculously good for you. I added kielbasa to mine, just because.



It also gave me the perfect opportunity to use my handy new toy (thanks Don)




Here is the link to the recipe for Kale and Potatoe Soup

I also served this with my favorite new cream biscuits to keep around in the freezer for just such an occasion.



No comments:

Post a Comment